Thursday, June 27, 2013

crochet yoga mat bag

Summer.  I'm in love with you.  
Your carefree, no-where-to-be days.
Your bird-chirping, sun-shiny air.
Barefoot through the grass,
splashing in the pool.
Kids up late,
mornings spent lounging in bed reading.
And lots of time to create and refuel the muse.

Here's a little gift I hooked up for one of my middle son's teachers:

It's a crochet yoga mat bag, and you can find the pattern here.


A simple pattern worked in joined rounds of 3dc ch2.


The hardest part for me was the knitted i-cord, which I abandoned after several attempts and multiple YouTube video viewings (both knitting and crochet versions).  With time running out, I just did two rows of double crochet joined with single crochet in an accent yarn.  Works for me!

All packaged up and ready for giving.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The green is Lion Brand's Nature's Choice organic cotton in Dusty Sage, and the blue was a thinner gauge yarn (possibly Red Heart Soft yarn in Seafoam.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!