Monday, May 21, 2012

Strawberry Box Tutorial

I just wrote up this little tute on the Scrapbook Heaven blog, so I figured I would share it with all of you lovely readers, too.  {Plus, it's some content for my lately-neglected little blog...}.

Hello Papercraftanistas!

Today I have a fun little strawberry shaped box tutorial for you.  
I, of course, found this idea on Pinterest a while back 
and when I saw the red polk-a-dot paper in the May kit, I knew it would be perfect for this project.

So, I started with a little search for a template (the box above is created with an MFT die) and came up
with THIS ONE--just perfect!

  1. Enlarge the template a bit.  I did this by opening the PDF in Photoshop, creating a new canvas sized 8.5 x 11 300dpi, drag the PDF to the new canvas, and stretch the corners while constraining the proportions until the template portion fills most of the canvas.
  2. Print onto card stock, cut out, trace onto the back of your patterned paper, and cut out.
  3. Punch holes in the top center of each side and the center of the leaf cluster.
  4. Apply adhesive to the tab and glue to the inside edge of next side to form a five-sided box.



Now you're ready to stitch it closed.  Thread a needle with floss, string, twine, ribbon, whatever you like and leaving a long tail, stitch through the top of the leaf and then through each top side from the inside out {see third photo above}.  After last side, go back through the leaf from bottom up. You should now have two ends sticking out of the leaf on top.


Pull gently to cinch the top closed--don't forget to add your goodies if you're using this as gift packaging.  Thread each end of the string through a large button and tie a bow.   Add a little sentiment pennant and you're done.  How cute is that?!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!