Monday, October 24, 2011

Pinspire Me Monday: crochet owl pouch

It's Monday!  Time for another Pinspire Me Monday.  
Can it be?  Monday may just turn into my favorite day of the week!

So here's what Pinspired me last week:
photo credit: Crochet Ninja
A little crocheted owl coin purse from A Crochet Ninja.  Is he not the cutest?!  The owl was simple as pie to hook up (and now that I'm looking at him, I forgot his little beak and feathers--whoops!).  It was that zipper that had me procrastinating this project until just this morning.  I've never done a zipper before.  I was scared.
But I conquered my fears, bought the zipper, consulted with the nice woman at the cutting counter of the fabric store and set to work on it.  Only took me two tries to get it right.  Third times a charm, right?  The first time I sewed the zipper to the liner inside out--whoopsie!  The second time I hand-stitched the zippered liner to the owl a bit off center.  Let's just say my seam ripper is my new BFF.

But here he is all zipped up and ready to use (minus the beak and feathers I'll be adding shortly):


Itn't he cute!  I'm toying with the idea of adding a crocheted strap to him to make him a wristlet.

Now it's your turn.  Link up one of your Pinspired projects in the sidebar (it's very empty and sad over there...).  Remember it can be anything you've found on Pinterest and tried for yourself: a recipe, a decoration, gift-wrapping, a photograph...anything!


Can't wait to see what you're finding Pinspiring these days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!