Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Angry Bird Crochet

Last week was school vacation week, so I sort of took a mini vacation myself to spend it with the kiddos.  Lots of rainy, chilly days meant lots of lounging, reading, Mario Kart races, Sky Burger competitions (yup, we're a little addicted), and visits with friends.  It was a good week.  But now it's time to get back to work around here.

There's nothing like the panicked hunt for the Bomber Bird plush to throw a crafty mother into a last minute creative frenzy.  
Thank goodness for people like The Itsy Bitsy Spider
She saved the birthday of one very happy little 8 year-old.  All my middle asked for was the Black Bomber Bird (Angry Birds) plush toy for his birthday.  An easy-to-please request, except that he made his wish known a wee bit late for shipping and NO local stores had this bird in stock.  Yikes!  
A quick search online turned up Itsy's super fab pattern. She has patterns for all the AB's and even a pig, so check her out.  I know my boys are going to want the whole collection!

A few hours (and some tv time with hubby) later and here he is:

 And the Birthday Boy couldn't have been more pleased:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!