Monday, March 14, 2011

A green tute: Pop Top Can

We're nearing the halfway point of the Going Green crop at Scrapbook Heaven, and I'm here today to share an oldie but goodie: the pop top can upcycle.



Here's the how to:
I like these mini fruit cup ones, but you could use a larger size.  (Stay away from tuna and pet food).

I purchased this opener at Target a few years back for around $5.

I recommend hand washing to avoid rusting and pitting in the dishwasher (like the one above--I got lazy!)

You can get fancy here and layer punched border strips or piece different scraps together for this.

By trimming off the top, the circle will slip right under the pop top of the can.

Perfect for small candies, money, small crafty supplies, jewelry...

 Embellish your can as desired.

Stop by Scrapbook Heaven for more "green" project ideas and inspiration

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tute....I had forgotten how to do these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!