Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another Crochet Ear Warmer


Took a little break from paper this weekend to organize my yarn stash a bit.  I realized that my small collection of yarn had spread into two bags, three baskets, and a closet.  Time to reign it back in!  And of course, the mere act of touching the yarn and I had to dust off the crochet hooks and put together a little headband ear warmer:



I came up with a pattern for this one.  It's a bit thinner than the one I made here.  I'm using the word "pattern" very loosely here.

Row 1: ch5, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each chain across (4sc)
Rows 2-3: ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across (4sc)
Row 4: inc 1 sc by sc 2 stitches in one sc from row 3 (5sc)
Rows 5-6: ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across (5sc)
Repeat this pattern, increasing by one stitch every third until your piece measures 3 1/4" wide (not long).  For my somewhat chunky weight yarn and J hook, this was at 10 sc.
Continue sc without increasing until piece measures about 15 1/2" long.
Decrease every third row by one stitch by sc two stitches together until you have three rows of 4sc.  Fasten off and weave in ends.

Flower:
ch5, join with sl st in first ch to form ring
Round 1: ch 1, 12 sc in ring join with sl st in first sc (10 sc)
Round 2: ch 1 sc in first st *ch3, skip next st, sc in next st; repeat from *4 more times, ch 3, skip last st, join with sl st in first sc (6 ch 3 spaces)
Round 3: *sl st, sc, 3 hdc, sc, sl st in each ch 3 space around.  sl st to first st to join.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!