Saturday, October 30, 2010

Holidays on the Brain

The holiday bug has bit me tonight.  After a phone conversation with a friend, I decided to go on the prowl for some holiday gift ideas.  At the top of my list is a crocheted coffee cozy,
like this one:

 or maybe this one:
too bad I missed the boat on this one:
 and isn't this one fancy:
I love the stripes on this one:
and the beads on this one:
I like the chunkiness of this one:
And check out this cute as a button one:

Threadbanger also shared a round up post of knitted, sewn, and crocheted coffee cozies,
and I'll tuck that post here for safe reference.

And then I open my email to find the latest issue of the Daily Digi newsletter, where I linked to this little project complete with free kit download.  I am definitely going to put this together in plenty of time for the holidays.  I'm planning to make it an 8 1/2 x 11 album with photo page protectors to slip in photos and recipes.  I really loved the simple documentation of pages like this:
and this:
Can't wait to get started on this project!  
We'll see how this goes since my December Daily from last year is still sitting in my WIP basket!

Oh, and I'm really thinking about doing the card a day project again this year.  I've got one more day to make a decision on this one.  We'll see on Monday!

How about you?  Any handmade holiday gift ideas planned this year?

1 comment:

  1. Now I feel compelled to enter the holiday zone..thanks for the inspiration and the research on the cup cozies, I'm going for the striped one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!