Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ribbon Bookmarks

I saw an idea for these bookmarks somewhere in my blog travels. They make great little gifts, or a summertime craft project (with some help from an adult).

The how to:
  1. Cut a piece of ribbon (wide works best) to about 12". Fold the bottom about 1/2" and iron; fold over again and iron. Repeat on other end.
  2. Sew across these hems being sure to backstitch at the beginning and end.
  3. Use an eyelet tool to set an eyelet in the center of one end (go right through the hem).
  4. Thread the beads onto a piece of wire. Leave plenty of wire on both ends. My six-year-old helped arrange the beads on this one.
  5. Using a needle nose pliers, turn the bottom wire into a small spiral 3 turns. Slide the beads down to the end.
  6. Thread the top of the wire through the eyelet and continue wrapping it four times pulling it snuggly with the pliers each time. Snip the extra wire and squeeze to get rid of the sharp end.
Next up: embellishing a journal cover.

2 comments:

  1. I love this...and its the perfect excuse to get an eyelet tool. Looking forward to the journal embellishment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's pretty! I love this! I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!